When will I get my team roster?
Once the Club finalizes team selection they will send you a copy of your team list with pertinent contact information.
When should I have a team meeting?
You can have your team meeting anytime after you receive your roster. Typically, teams meet in mid February. Don't wait too long to schedule your meeting as tournaments fill up fast and you may not get in to the ones you want.
Can I get help from other parents on my team?
The Club recommends that you find parent volunteers on your team to help out with tournament registration and other tasks.
When will my team's schedule come out?
The league will release your schedule in April.
What do we do if there's rain and we have a game or practice scheduled?
Games will be cancelled onsite by the head referee. You should show up planning to play unless you are notified prior to playing by a club official. For home games, the city of Bloomington will close fields due to rain and will notify the club who in turn will notify all managers. This will result in you having to reschedule the game. For away games, you will have to work with officials from the other team to determine a reschedule. If the fields are not closed, but weather is inclement (ie rain, excessive heat or cold) and puts players at risk, the club may step in and cancel activities. Decisions to cancel will be communicated as soon as possible to make sure players' transportation issues can be worked out.
What do I do if our team will not have enough players for a scheduled game?
For whatever reason, if you won't have enough players for a scheduled game, contact Qassim (firstname.lastname@example.org). He will be able to determine if there are guest players from another BYSC team that plays at a lower competitive level that could play.
How do I reschedule a game?
The procedure for managers to follow in rescheduling games is:
1. Contact Jim Brewer
with the game(s) needing a reschedule.
2. Have 2-3 potential dates ready. See the list of dates to avoid and ones that are ok. Jim will provide this into the season as we go. Dates not listed may be available upon request, but are fairly full already.
3. I will check and give a conditional ok on new date.
4. Manager must submit to MYSA for acceptance.
5. MYSA notifies Jim with game change approval. Remember--just submitting to MYSA is not a guarantee and Jim has very little pull in this area.
6. Jim goes in and officially makes the change in our referee system (and it's updated on the Master Schedule).
7. Note: Jim does not make the official change until he gets word from MYSA so your submitting to them is very important!
8. Contacting Jim by email is preferred so he has a way to reply and also a record of request
9. Please keep in mind Jim needs to keep communication open with the managers above all. Contact with a coach can at some times be possible but experience has shown that they have enough going on and aren't usually the most organized.