BYSC forms competitive teams based on a number of factors including a player's previous year performance and their performance at player identification sessions held each year.
- Past Performance — At the end of each season, coaches provide a formal, written player evaluation to each player and the director of coaching.
- Player Identification Sessions — For players who will be playing U12 or older the following summer season, BYSC holds player identification sessions at the conclusion of each summer season. For players who will be playing U9 or U10 these sessions take place around January 1. During these sessions, multiple evaluators are on hand to watch players perform during skills training and small-sided games.
Coaches Committee Makes Final Decisions On Rosters
Once the player identification sessions are concluded, a Coaches Committee comprised of all the age group directors, the club president and director of coaching meet to review results and form teams. Typical roster sizes for our teams are:
- U9-U10 — league maximum is 12, we prefer 10
- U11-U12 — league maximum is 14, we prefer 12
- U13 and older — league maximum is 18
Post Player Identification Session Information
- We will offer spots on Premier and C1 teams within 72 hours after completion of tryouts and post them on our website www.bysc.org. The remaining teams will posted by a goal date of August 15.
- In order to accept your position on a team, players are required to pay the registration fee of $50 and the BYSC Team Committment Fee of $135 (U9-10) or $170 (U11 and older) within 15 days after team selections are posted. Anyone who has not paid their Club Fee within this 15 day period could be dropped from the team if there is another player waiting for a roster spot.
- Any players who are added after tryouts will have 30 days to pay their Registration and Club Fees after receiving an offer to join a team. Any payments made after the 30 day period will incur a $30 late fee.
- Team meetings will be scheduled by your team manager to discuss team specific details and budgets.
BYSC's official policies on player identifications sessions, including what players who cannot attend these sessions are required to do, are listed below. Questions on team formation can be addressed to the age group director for your age group director as listed below: